Pages

"DO YOU KNOW WHAT SHE DID?? YOUR CUNTING DAUGHTER??"


always up to read, listen or think on something new. if you'd like to send your work, gmail: bongbard1309

Nov 21, 2012

Over The Mountains There Is An Ocean - doug draime


Cops to the left
of me
cops to the right
and here I am stuck
in the middle with my
stoned self
and my .... almost 
stoned wife.

We’re headed to a motel
on the
beach,
with an 1/8 oz. of dynamite
weed
2 open bottles of beer
1 open bottle of whiskey
a loaded
unregistered
38
and a roach
burning in
the clip.


My wife is  driving, she’s my Bonnie.
I’m way way more fucked up than
Clyde
She’s as calm as
a cool summer night,
with an open bottle
of beer
between her legs,
she turns down the blasting 
Lou Reed CD,
checks the rear view mirror
and takes
another 
hit.


Doug Draime's most recent book is More Than The Alley, a full-length collection
from Interior Noise Press. Also available are two chaps: Los Angeles Terminal:
Poems 1971-1980 (Covert Press) and Rock 'n Roll Jizz (Propaganda Press).
Draime has been a presence in the literary 'underground' movement since the
late 1960's. He currently lives in the foothills of Oregon.

No comments:

Post a Comment